· Informing residents and their families of their rights;
· Resolving complaints involving anything that affects a person’s life in long term care (e.g. food, call lights, care concerns);
· Providing informational services to the general public regarding the long term care industry in Nevada;
· Advocating for good individualized care;
· Education to inform residents, families, facility staff and others on a variety of issues related to aging, long term care and resident’s rights;
· In-service training for long term care professionals regarding trends affecting the quality of care for seniors; and
· Provide information regarding the admission process to long term care facilities.